Why join band?
- Money is not an issue - we are happy to help!
- Learn to read and play music from scratch - no prior knowledge needed
- You will learn everything you need in 6th grade
- 6th Grade is the best time to join
- It's a great place to make lots of a friends
- You can do band alongside athletics and other groups (we have football, basketball, volleyball, track, cheer, LDC, golf, tennis, and baseball students in band)
- We have exciting trips, concerts, and parties throughout the year
1. 96% of our nation’s astronauts performed in the fine arts during their school years, including Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. Mr. Armstrong was a talented euphonium player in middle school and high school band.
2. National Association of Secondary School Principals reports 66% of all college freshmen drop out after the 1st year. In contrast, 96% of band students graduate from Universities.
3. American Medical Association states that the #1 admittance to medical schools are students that majored in music as undergraduates. Pre-med majors are #2.
4. It is a fact that music students represent the top of the academic scale in our schools. We know they are averaging 68 points higher on SAT exams.
5. Admission criteria into most major universities put at the top of the list, commitment through the senior year to an extra-curricular activity.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF BAND?
Students build character being in band. Band requires students to work and perfect teamwork, leadership, dedication, and perseverance through music. Students that learn a longterm skill also learn commitment in other things as well.
Students will gain friendships that last a lifetime. Throughout the year the band will have social events such as the lock-in, where students will get to hang out with friends at school with games and food until the late night at school, Other events include Putt-Putt golf and Main Event.
Students have many opportunities to earn patches, medals, trophies, and plaques through individual and group musical settings. Many students receive college scholarship and great recommendations through high school band.
Experiences and Trips
The band takes a spring trip and the end of every year. Students get to travel together to theme parks and water parks. In some situations band students get to travel to places like Disney World, Universal Studios, 6 Flags, Schlitterbahn, and other states, especially during high school band.